Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tous les Jours, Bangsar

Tous les Jours - contrary to its name which sounds like a top notch French pastry cafe, the cafe was in my opinion disappointing. Despite the decent array of pastry, I was less than impressed by the pastry itself.
 
The cafe provided a nostalgic feeling with wooden frames colored in light green and wooden panels. Technically, it felt like I was in the suburban cafe.
 
Apple Danish


Apple Danish
 
The apple danish was better than expected with flaky edges and apple bits in the middle. It wasn't too sweet either, very suitable for my palette.


Almond Croissant

The almond croissant is not even comparable to Yeast's croissant. It was cold and hard as opposed to what was supposed to be a good croissant. The croissant taste itself was relatively flat.


Mocha
The mocha was bland, diluted and tasteless. Tous les Jours is definitely not somewhere for your coffee fix since they are unable to preparea decent cup of coffee. Dad requested for a long black which only turned out to be extremely diluted. Need I say more?

Tous les Jours definitely did not lived up to my expectation especially when I read that it is an established cafe abroad. How could a cafe served drinks of that standard? I'm still pondering if I should give them another go, but my first impression of it is significantly unmemorable. Given a choice, perhaps it is a wiser decision to visit Yeast, La Bodega or Antipodean for your coffee fix and breakfast fix.
 
-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment