Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Restoran SS2 Murni

Who doesn't know Murni, SS2? It's popular among Malaysians, you get decent portioned food at a reasonable price and you can just sit there the whole night with your mates chatting. And, no they won't kick you out. After all, it's a mamak.

So, what's popular in this humble little mamak that gain so many loyal customer? Some of these pictures were from my old blog, while some were taken yesterday when I was there with my mates. You can have dinner worth less than RM 12 and it would keep your tummy full for the night. Or maybe that's just me since I don't eat much.



 Review :

A good ole cup of ginger tea aka "Teh Halia". It's the usual tea mixed with condensed milk and ginger juice, yeap, freshly squeeze ginger juice. It's good for removing wind in your stomach caused by indigestion. But if you're not a fan of overly sweet drinks, please do tell them to put in less condensed milk because Malaysian "Teh" and "Kopi" are known to have an overgenerous amount of sugar and milk.






Review : 

Introducing the Roti Boom. I am not very sure why it's named so, but I believe it has to got to be with the way it is made. Roti Boom is thicker than your average roti canai and is shaped in around shape. To be honest, it was my first time trying Roti Boom and I do regret it. The roti itself is filled with margarine and sugar, I can literally see margarine oozing out from the roti itself. Give me roti canai any day, I will take it any time over Roti Boom. Definitely not my type of Roti.


Review:

This is the original Roti Canai, made from flour and ghee. It is relatively less crispy compared to Roti Planta or Roti Boom, but definitely less oily than those. It's flavor is plainer compared to the other Roti variations but it is good enough for someone like me who doesn't like over sweet or oily food. However, I have to say between the franchise of Kayu or the USJ Sri Melur and this, USJ Sri Melur wins hand down. 





Review :

What is mamak with the usual of maggi goreng? Maggi goreng is essentially fried maggi noodles with seasoning. Sinfully delicious if made it right. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with their maggi goreng. The color was not the rich brown texture that I am used to in other mamaks, but it seem more like it was drenched in tomato sauce. Besides that, it wasn't spicy and yes, I love my maggi goreng to be spicy!





Review :

Another favorites recommended by my mates, Roti Hawaii. Well, its name came about due to its excessive contents wrapped in the Roti. A Hawaiian pizza contains pineapples, chicken dices, cheese and a few more fillings, so instead of making it as a topping, they creatively stuff the roti with all these filling. So, what you get is a rich filling of pizza in a bite from that roti. This is what we call when East Meets West. Haha. But again, I find it mediocre and nothing much to rave about. The extra sweet topping was too much in my opinion.


Review :

And what is mamak without Naan? Naan is essentially a thick piece of bread, take it as a pizza based, made the Indian way. We ordered the cheese naan, it tasted like cheese stick where you buy them from pastry stores. The yellow thick liquid is also a cheese based dip which spells out one word - GODLY. It is thick and rich  in flavor and it goes well with the piece of Naan but mind you, you will be full after a couple of bites. Nothing keep your bloated than a piece of Cheese Naan in cheese dip.



Review :

This earthly big piece of wrapped up dough is known as the Dragon Pizza if I am not mistaken. Again, it is another variation of their extended menu. They have all sorts of funny name and funny food. What you have here is essentially another pizza filling wrapped in Roti and drenched in a tomato based sauce with cheese bits.

 It was too much for me. The tomato base itself is overly sweet  and a tad too watery. Their fillings were fine apart from their way-to-big chunk of chicken dice. But, cut down on the roti, it is too thick and you need a mouthful to chew that piece of dough. 


Review :

Their specialty dish - Mee Raja, in English, it's known as the King Noodles. This is one dish that you should order when you pay them a visit. But mind you, it is a big portion, I shared it with all my mates. The noodles itself is so flavorful with a rich texture that slides down your throat. Not only it is well seasoned, their choice of toppings of calamari and prawns do the dish well. It was delicious, finger licking good that we actually ordered two plates! It is sinful but then again, it's not everyday you get a huge good plate of noodles at RM 10. 

Food Ratings :  3.5/5

This sums up my experience at this over popular Mamak. It has a variety of food, but one thing you should never miss out on will be the Mee Raja. The rest are just fine, well I have yet to give their Nasi Lemak Kukus a go, so I won't comment on that.

Would I be back? Definitely. They cook up a decent meal at a decent price. 

-thevanillapudding-

Jalan SS2/75, Petaling Jaya53 Jalan SS 2/75 
47300 Petaling Jaya, Taman Sea, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment