Thursday, February 21, 2013

Vary Pasta, Damansara Jaya

This is one of my top 5 favorite restaurants - one that I always go back to without fail and one that I always order the same dish without fail. And no I never get bored of it......ever. 

Vary Pasta is located in the small row facing Atria which is no longer known as Atria but some random construction site. Due to their isolated area and difficult to maneuvar road, not many people knows about this beauty. The restaurant is just a small lot with a couple of tables and a very cold air conditioning. It has a simple interior with pretty pictures of ancient kitchens and dinner tables. It is cosy and suitable for families.

Of all my visits there, rarely are there people coming in without families, usually families will hog the restaurants or couples. It is quite well known among people living nearby, but rarely outsiders visit this restaurant.

Their specialties are on their pasta and I will definitely give credit to that. Their pasta comes in a generous portion with generous amount of ingredient at a very reasonable price. If you're there during weekends, it is pretty crowded when you're late.

Spaghetti Agio Olio with Mushroom @ RM 11
 In every of my visit, I would order my Agio Olio very faithfully without doubt. It is rich in olive oil, fresh herbs and garlic that each mouthful was orgasmic. It's simple in taste, but it makes you crave for more. The mushrooms were a generous amount too. You can chose to have mushrooms/prawns/chicken.

Grilled Chicken with Spaghetti and Fries
 This whole plate was below RM 18. Totally worth the money for the portion and the taste. The chicken was grilled to perfection with a very rich sauce to compliment it. The spaghetti was just good ole plain herbs and olive oil spaghetti, but it was a good combination of everything. It is a hearty meal in fact at a very good price.

Pork chop with spaghetti 
This portion is huge with 2 huge cutlet of pork with half a plate of pasta! The pork was savory and was served with a black pepper base if I'm not mistaken. This is also one of my parents favorite. The pork was succulent and at times chewy, if you do not like chewy pork, I would still recommend it. That is how highly I think of this place.

Lamb Chop with Pasta and Fries
They serve three pieces of lamb, or should I say rack? It is huge in portion for all three elements, so if you're a big eater, this might just be your thing! At times, the lamb chop can be slightly overcooked while other times it is just perfect. However, I usually don't have much complains for their lamb chop because its been consistent in term of taste and texture.

Tiramisu
The first time I had their tiramisu, it was godly. However, gradually I think its standard dipped slightly. I think they soaked the lady fingers far too long and the rum wasn't very strong in this case. The tiramisu was partially frozen when it was served. It is good but not as good as last time.

I've been here countless of times but I don't have all the pictures of the food I had in the past. But below are the few that I will recommend to people that are not in the above :

1. Creamy Garlic Spaghetti (cream based - like carbonara)
2. Pumpkin Soup (very rich in taste and texture)
3.  Pork Knuckles (recommended to be share by 5 people - succulent juicy roast knuckles)
4. Spaghetti with Capers, Bacon and Capsicum (I forgotten the real name)
5. Creme Brulee (really not bad)
6. Pancakes (its slightly thicker than it should be, but if you want something hot and cold, this is it)
7. Mushroom Soup

What you shouldn't have - apple strudel. It was horribly tough and disappointing.

This is one of my most frequent place because of its reasonable price, cosy ambience and consistent preparation of their dishes. I would definitely recommend this place - no one ever disliked this place whenever I brought them over. That's how good they are.

Ratings : 4.5/5
Price : RM 11 - RM 20/pax 

Vary Pasta
21 Jalan SS 22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
03-7710 6100

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment