Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Elephant Thai Restaurant, Aman Suria

Awet Thai Seafood Thai Restaurant wins hands down for their Thai food when compared to My Elephant Thai Restaurant. My Elephant Thai Restaurant generally inclines to  Thai fine dining in an economical sense. Thai food are served in pretty plates and has a touch of decorations on the platter. However, taste wise, it has many areas to improve.

My Elephant is relatively well known among both the KL and PJ crowd. My Elephant would be one of the favorite choice for a decent Thai food experience though I would like to beg to differ that their Thai food isn't as authentic as it should be.


Mieng Kham

My favorite Thai appetizer is the Mieng Kham where raw condiments are wrapped in leaves and eaten with a  special sauce. The Mieng Kham here is nothing compared to Amarin Thai Restaurant (Midvalley) or Rama V in KL. The lack of raw ingredients as evident in the picture is the first disappointing factor. With 10 pieces of leaves, it is obviously insufficient. Secondly, the sauce was disappointing without any strong lemongrass or fish sauce taste. It was relatively bland.



Green Aroma Cooler
The Green Aroma Cooler was good with strong Pandan taste and a very soothing taste. I do recommend it for something different.


Citron Cooler

 Another wonderful beverage where the citrus taste is evident in the drink itself. My Elephant serves pandan water as your normal water. Pandan leaf is boiled with plain water, however, no sugar was added. Hence you can smell the pandan but it taste just exactly like plain water.


Stir Fried Vegetables

 Once again, it is a basic stir fried vegetables with garlic and a tad too much starch.


Pandan Fried Chicken

In the aspect of the popular Thai dish of chicken wrapped in pandan leaf, My Elephant failed it badly. My first impression of the dish was for the chicken to be served wrapped in pandan leaf, but it looked like an extremely batter coated deep fried chicken. I was disappointed to be honest. The taste was average and not as juicy as I would like it to be.



Steam Fish with Signature Thai Sauce

My Elephant's steam fish with signature Thai sauce. There was not much to shout about, a tad of sweet and sour with a tinge of spiciness. 

Green Curry

The Thai Green Curry was miserable in terms of the serving. There was few miserable pieces of chicken soaking in a whole bowl of green curry which I personally felt a too sweet. 


Glutinuous Rice with Mango and Coconut Milk

Out of all the dishes, I think the dessert qualified as slightlyl above average. Another signature Thai dessert - the gultinous rice with mango and coconut milk was generally satisfying. However, I think Awet Thai Restaurant had a better recreation of the popular Thai dessert.


Waterchestnut with Jackfruit in Coconut Milk 
My all time favorite dessert - this was really disappointing in so many ways. Firstly, there ice were in chunks and blocks. I like it cold but without ice bits. Secondly, the amount of jackfruit and waterchestnut was ridiculous. It was literally coconut milk. It was disappointing much to my dismay.

To summarize my whole experience, this is definitely not a place where I will be back for a second visit. The food was definitely not worth the price I paid for. 

-thevanillapudding-


1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that the chicken had batter was already an atrocity!

    ReplyDelete