Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Taj Garden, Brickfields

Apart from banana leaf and roti canai, those are my knowledge and exposure about Indian food. During lunch time, I walked with my seniors all the way from KL Sentral to Brickfields to try out this Indian Restaurant - Taj Garden.

Located in a the corner of an alley, after passing KFC, it wasn't that far but the scorching weather made the journey felt like hours! Thank goodness I wasn't in heels or I would have cried walking that distance. I never walked down Little India, so walking down the Brickfields road was a new experience. At some point I felt as though I was in India with Indian music blaring and the rich aroma of jasmine. 

The restaurant was designed to have an outdoor area (a patio) and the indoor with the cooling aircond. There were few patrons and my senior noticed a popular Indian DJ at one corner holding an interview with a couple of journalist. 

Chicken pakora
It tasted like KFC chicken bites with a hell lot of herbs and 10x more crispy! It was yummy, sinfully yummy. The chicken was coated in a thick layer of batter and rolled in various spices and herbs and deep fried. Each bite was a bite to haven. I love food with spices and herbs, so this was the ultimate herb dish for me!

Curry Chicken
I would admit that my favorite curry of all time is the Indian curry because it was always so thick, rich and the smell of curry powder was just so yummy! I love their curry, it was really and rich in coconut milk. The chicken was cooked to perfection and absorbed the curry flavor. Having this with rice was so good, or dosing the sauce onto plain naan was even more sinfully delicious!

Palek Paneer
This was my first time trying palek paneer. According to my colleagues, it was mashed spinach cooked to a thick broth, just like curry. But there was a catch - notice those white bits at the corner (not the middle)? Those are cheese cubes! Wow, mashed spinach and cheese cubes. That is something different. However, I would say this is not the thing for me. I find it bland and the cheese cubes just doesn't seem right to me.

Fish Curry
Love their fish curry too. I am a huge fan of fish curry, well anything spicy honestly. This was just as good as the curry chicken. Enough said.

Jeera Rice
I am not sure what is the difference though, apart from it being long grain. It tasted like rice with a dose of indian spices.

Onion Naan
Their onion naan was yummy too. So rich in onion, however I find it was loaded with a tad too much ghee? But apart from that, drowning the naan in curry sauce was bliss.

In terms of price, we paid RM 22 per person. The portions were relatively small either. However, I find the food were quite delicious,  I would be back if my sense of directions allow me.

Price : 2.0/5
Ratings : 3.5/5

-thevanillapudding-

1 comment:

  1. Hi there :)!

    Its me WenY!!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster award!

    A great way of making new blogger friends!

    See the questions here http://wenywonderswhy.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete