Monday, April 29, 2013

Olive, Sooka Sentral

Classy and English. That's how I would describe the set up of Olive. Located on the Ground floor of Sooka Sentral Building, it is hard to miss this restaurant. Deck in classic wood decorations and an veranda extending out to the stairs, you wouldn't miss it for sure.

The crowd dining here on weekdays are mainly the working crowds and quite a  number of them are Caucasians from the nearby multinational firms headquarters ie. Allianz Insurance. However, it is pretty hot to seat out at the veranda despite the shelter.

I love the classic setup but the taste of the food was just mediocre. Olive is relatively expensive with an average of RM 20 and above per dish. They do offer lunch set at RM 30, inclusive of drinks and it look pretty decent.

Lemon Tea
I love how fancy they served the lemon tea. This was the last thing I expected from the drink lemon tea. However, this was my senior's order. 

Watermelon Juice

Rice with Fried Chicken and Curry

Pasta
Salmon Ciabbata @ RM 18
I am pretty much trying to eat healthily when I'm working but sometimes the healthiest food has so much sin. Presentation wise - 2 thumbs up. Taste wise - one thumbs up. Practicality of eating - two thumbs down. As pretty as it looks, I had trouble trying to eat it as all the fillings were falling out of place each time I tried to sliced a portion out. 

The salmon was fresh and juicy. I could pretty much taste the rawness of the fish. The ciabbata was loaded lettuce, tomato, avocado and eggs (which was missing because the chef forgotten to add it in, they gave it to me separately). The ciabbata was slightly overdone and it was tough cutting it with burnts on it. It was overloaded with mayo too! Not a good point for healthy eating. Oh! They served it with baked pumpkin and potatoes too.

I like my salmon ciabbata but it could have done away with the extra mayo and perhaps somehow prepare it in a way that is easy for consumption? This is a decent place to have lunch if you have the budget. 

Price : 2.0/5
Ratings : 3.0/5

-thevanillapudding-


No comments:

Post a Comment