Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Alexis, Bangsar

One of my client was based in Bangsar and I had the opportunity to tried out the much raved about Alexis. I tried out the one in Bangsar Shopping Complex together with my colleagues and boy, I wasn't disappointed.
 
The place was less crowded than I have anticipated, perhaps it was a weekday and the only crowd was people clad in office suits. Alexis was decorated in a simple and unprentitious manner where decorations are kept to a minimal with classy furnitures and white. 
 
  
Angel Hair Agio Olio with Yabbies
 
Contrary to the typical aglio olio, this was definitely different than the usual aglio olio where it is tossed in olive oil and herbs. The pasta was surprisingly delicious with a mild tinge of creaminess to tantalize your tastebud.
 
 
Mushroom on Toast


Mushroom on Toast

Despite its miserable portion, I am inloved with the mushroom on toast. The mushroom were sauteed in generous amount of olive oil and well marinated. It was topped off with rocket salad leaf and a splash of truffle oil. The mushrooms were juicy and the there was a tinge of sourness, the sourness stems mainly from the splash of truffle oil. However, it wasn't overpoweringly sour, but it gives you that oomph to go for another bite. The portion was disappointingly small and was done in a few bites.


Roast Chicken Sandwich
A healthy lunch option apart from the fries. Crispy toasted bread with chicken slices and rocket salad, it is definitely a good option for those looking to maintain their diet.
 

Banana  and Peach Crumble


Banana and Peach Crumble
This was delicious. Two thumbs up. I am a fan of apple crumble but its difficult to get a decent apple crumble in KL, the last time I had a memorable apple crumble was in Rosemary Bites. The banana and peach crumble was heavenly. They made it hot and served with sauce which I think it is condensed milk mixed with some other ingredients. The combination was good. The crumble itself wasn't sweet but the combo of soft fruits together with the crumble and the sweet sauce was heavenly. I would so returned for another round of crumble.
 
So far, Alexis had left a pretty good impression on me. Perhaps, I would return for a second round to try their popular Tiramisu and other main courses.
 
-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment