Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lotus Curry House, Aman Suria

Lotus Curry House is way underrated as compared to Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar Restaurant. I was there at Lotus, Aman Suria with some mates for a gathering and I was glad they picked Lotus rather than Penang although I was pretty sceptical at first. I was so used to my usual at Kayu that I was reluctant to try a new place. It was definitely less crowded and less noisy as compared to Kayu that was located further up. 

Iced Milo

Teh Tarik

Teh Tarik Halia
Their drinks were decent and not dilute. Well, mamak usually serves pretty good drinks at a super cheap price. So no qualms about that.


Their roti canai is TWO THUMBS UP. Rather than serving in a typical square-ish shape, the roti canai has literally been shredded to pieces and "crumpled" together. Honestly, I was shocked and in my mind, the first thing that I thought was the food must taste really bad. Haha. But, I was so wrong. It was so crispy and crunchy, thin enough to savor the roti canai. You can never get this in popular Indian mamaks because they're so busy fulfilling orders that they don't bother keeping it crispy! The downside? I didn't like their curry in particular. It was a tad dilute and also it tasted slightly sourish instead of spicy.


Maggi goreng mamak aka fried maggi ala mamak style. This was good despite its relatively less than generous portion. It was slightly smaller if you compared it to many other mamaks. However, the taste was good and the maggi was spring-y. So no qualms there.

I would be back soon! I'm already missing their roti canai. I heard their Nasi Kandar is pretty good too, I should try it one good day!

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment