Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tappers Cafe, Uptown

I had another girls night out yesterday. Yes, I've been going out so often that my purse has been feeling real light lately. Haha. I've been to most of the coffeehouse or restaurant in Uptown, Damansara and adding to my list would be Tappers Cafe. A new cafe established quite recently in Uptown and has a few outlets in other areas, I think there is one in Puchong. 

The cafe was designed in an all white glamorous interior setting that reminds me of Full House, except this was perhaps the cheaper version of it. Despite its simple white design and decent lighting, the interior was stuffy especially when we sat in the sofa area. We were feeling hot and slightly uncomfortable in that area. There were even some mosquito flying in our area, how disturbing!

Tappers offered a variety of dishes, mainly western and Hainanese specials which you can find in your local kopitiam. Ranging from pasta, chicken roast, schnitzels, Hainanese chicken chops, toast and omelette were among the few that grace the simple menu. Their beverage menu was of various variety too, so fret not of not knowing what to drink.


Hot Mocha @ RM 6
I had the hot mocha since I was craving for warm drinks. Boy, I was disappointed - actually all the coffee that we ordered were plain disappointing. The mocha tasted pretty much like Neslo - milo and coffee mixed together. Other than that, it was slightly diluted and presentation wise, I was also annoyed with the lack of effort.

Hot Latte @ RM 6
The latte was horrible. This is definitely not your coffee place. Priced at RM 6, perhaps it was a hint at the quality of the drink. It had a pretty presentation, however, taste wise, it failed miserably. The coffee was crazy bitter which I believe was caused by the inapprioprate ratio of coffee to milk. Another thing I would like to highlight - I do think they used very bad quality beans or maybe just any typical coffee powder from the shelves of supermarket. My friend even added heaps spoon of sugar to make it sweeter, but it just didn't worked. 

Cappucino @ RM 6 (i think)
 Pretty as it looks, its taste? It tasted like the latte my friend ordered. Pretty much exactly alike in terms of taste, only it was more bitter than the latte. 

Mashed Potato @ RM 6 (i think so)
The mashed potato was not palatable at all, well at least for my standard. Firstly, take a look at the picture itself, the mash potato looks so solid and not a hint of mashed or what I would like to call the rich velvety texture. It was as bad as it looks. It was firm and compact that pretty much tasted like something that has been left for a long time or came out from a totally bad mashed potato machine. The sauce doesn't even do any justice to the dish. It was dilute, bland and totally not worth ordering.

Toast 
I didn't try this but hey, if you really want toast, go to another place. This doesn't seem like a good place to be ordering toast!


Omelette with Ham
I didn't try this either. In terms of presentation, it doesn't seem like they put much effort either.

Chicken Schnitzel with Potato and Coleslaw
The schnitzel was alright and generous in portion. The sauce was just average and diluted, it honestly tasted like the maggi sauce that people would use. 

Chicken Parmigiana
Its just like a chicken schnitzel with extra cheesy topping. The cheese was decent and rich. It tasted like Hawaiian Pizza to be honest except it on a piece of chicken. Nothing that I can rave about either.

Spaghetti Agio Olio with Mushroom
I didn't order this since I had pasta a day back. This was decent and palatable, well at least to my standard. The spaghetti was prepared al dente. Tossed with a rich coating of olive oil, mushroom, herbs and cheese, it is a welcoming change to all the previous dishes. However, if you don't like overly peppered spaghetti, please tell them in advance. This seemed like a dish the chef accidentally overdosed with pepper.

Mixed  Mushroom Sandwich


This was my dish. Among all, I would say mine was the best. It's a vegetarian dish by the way. Sandwiched between a piece of loaf that pretty much looked like pita brea, it was an overdosed of mushroom well seasoned and sauteed. The bread was coated with butter and a rich amount of mayonese. Topped with some cucumber and tomato, the mushrooms were added to complete the dish. It was good in my opinion, apart from the excessive mayonese that I decide to push away. 

The verdict? Their food is just alright, but if you are looking for good food to tantalize your taste bud, this is NOT the place for you. Please do not order the coffee if you are an avid coffee lover like me, because you will be very disappointed and feel like asking for a refund! I wouldn't come back for a second round, thats what I can tell you about my whole experience here.

Perhaps I'm too fussy but I need food that does justice to the price I pay or at least do justice to my standards. Haha. There is another downside to it. The owner should really train their waiters to converse in English. I asked one of them about their dessert and they seemed lost when I conversed in English. 

It was even more annoying when we're done with our meals, they wanted to clear the table which we allowed them to while we chatted away. However, it was gross when they pile up the plates and place the dirty fork and knifes on the table in front of us, and no, they didn't bother wiping the table after they place the dirty knifes there. So yes, our table were literally dirty with the excess "gravy, juice and what no" that dropped from the fork/knifes. I was literally cursing in my head. 

It was bad in term of taste, service wise was really horrible too. So, if you don't want to be frustrated like me, don't try this place please. 

Ratings : 1.0/5.0
Price : Cheap


-thevanillapudding-

2 comments:

  1. The mushroom sandwich looks delish! I just had my lunch there today. The food is cheap as compared to a lot of others food, but the food is not exactly the tastiest. Have you tried their Big Breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I've yet to try their Big Breakfast but I've no intention to go back there anymore.

    ReplyDelete