Saturday, March 23, 2013

IKEA Restaurant, Mutiara Damansara

IKEA Restaurant is one of the most well known restaurant around. I used to love their food, till their standard has been detiorating so badly. When it first operated, the food was of fantastic quality and freshness, but now - it tasted pretty much like stale food. 

However, the restaurant is unusually pack everyday for lunch or dinner - I guess it could be the reasonable price they charged and the free flow of soft drinks. They used to serve Diam Cake which tasted godly but it was pulled from their shelves after some issue pertaining to the cake containing pork or something like that. I'm disappointed about that.


Their poached salmon was horribly overcooked. The thick sauce doesn't compliment the fish at any point of time. The potato was a tad too tough and the brocolli, well taste like brocolli. But for RM 15 or so, I guess you can never get salmon at that price.


What is a trip to IKEA without their ever popular meatballs? Their meatballs are the main attraction in the restaurant, honestly, most people paid their visit to IKEA restaurant just for it. I don't take beef, but I do give it a try and it's not that bad though I prefer steaks. This is the only dish that had maintained their standards since it first operated. However, there were issues of its meatball containing horse meat despite they have confirmed that their meatballs are cleared and contain no horse meat.


Spaghetti in basic tomato sauce. I didn't try it but from the look of it, I'm pretty sure that it taste average and I would have prepared a better plate of it.


Herb chicken with potatoes and carrots was just decent. The sauce was way too dilute, it was pretty much like a diluted soup that taste a tad like oil? It's not horrible, but its the kind of dish I wonder why would I ever order it.


Diluted. Bland. That sums up my review for this dish.


Honestly, none of the dish was up to my standards. It was just plain horrible, well to me at least (apart from the meatballs). Everything was either too dilute, too bland, tasteless or just lack the effort. Rarely that I actually have lunch at IKEA Restaurant anymore because the dishes are all so horrible.

If you want a reasonable pricing food, well IKEA Restaurant isn't that bad. But if you want good tasting food, well please make a U-Turn and out.

Ratings : 1.5/5
Price : RM 15 per pax

IKEA Restaurant
No.2 Jalan PJU 7/2, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel : 03 7726 7777
Operations : 
Mon – Thurs: 9am ~ 9.30pm 
Fri – Sun, Eve & Public Holidays: 9am ~ 10.30pm

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment