Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Harrods Cafe, KLCC

This visit was honestly a disaster. I mistaken Harrods Cafe a Harrods Restaurant when I had actually booked Harrods Restaurant instead! I didn't realize that there were two Harrods in KLCC and it was practically a bad day after that with the amount disaster happening.

The food at Harrods Cafe was another greatest disappointment. I've read reviews raving about both Harrods and clearly Harrods Cafe does not fit into the list. Perhaps its the name of Harrods that brings it to the top of the list, but I can tell the number of things that are disappointing.

The first and foremost, despite the ambience of a classic cafe in UK, Harrods's interiors were terribly stuffy and hot. It bored down to me if the air-conditioned was really on. I was sweating although I was wearing a sleeveless dress!


Chocolate Mint Brownie

The chocolate mint brownie was average in terms of taste. The brownie tasted a little dry to my liking. Despite the small piece, I found it hard to even eat through half of it!


Scones

Harrods scones were dimmed to die for and I beg to differ. I had tried better ones and this was clearly not what I had in mind. The SmokeHouse up in Cameron Highlands serves up a pretty damn good scones and the ones I had in Sydney Teahouse was another great one. These scones were hard and not as fluffy it should be. It was warm to touch and taste but failed badly in creating a memorable taste. It was served with jam and cream.


Fruit Flan
The Fruit Flan was the cake of the day and it wasn't a pleaser. It was a simple sponge cake with fruits and cream. Once again, its taste was mediocre and none of it was memorable.

Perhaps I am too picky but I was expecting something better, something memorable and something that would make me die to come back for round 2. But none of it done a great deal impressing me or my family.  

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment