Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Levain Boulangerie Patisserie, Kuala Lumpur

Levain Boulangerie Patisserie, also known as the "Stone Oven" bakery is located in Jalan Delima, Kuala Lumpur. Instead of being Melbourne inspired, Levain is more keen on serving up delectable and beautiful pastry. The ambience itself was charming and cosy, letting me reminisce the feeling of being in Paris - it is not quite there, but you just get a little nostalgic.

Pastries were arranged artfully on the array of trays in the corner of the shop. You will be spoilt for choice.


Peach Pastry

Flaky and buttery. And just right. Love the crunch to it with the softness of the peach.


Apple Danish

I am a fan of apples, herbs and cinnamon. At first glance, I knew I had to try out the apple danish. The apple danish was surprisingly mild in taste. It could have been better if they were more generous in terms of the filling.


Cappuccino

I am quite surprised with the quality of their coffee. I was expecting something rich and aromatic. However, it was relatively disappointing on my first sip, I didn't bother finishing my cappuccino. 


Tuna Croissant with Hash Brown
The croissant was flaky, buttery and rich but I though Yeast Boulangerie's serves up a better croissant. It was definitely more flavorful. The tuna was just canned tuna mixed with mayo, so I guess there's not much to offer on this platter either.

Levain Boulangerie - after much of the hype, I felt it was a tad too overrated. Perhaps its their "Stone Oven" competitive advantage place them on top of the list. However, the food was pretty much average tasting and left not much of a memory.

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment