Sunday, January 27, 2013

Departure Lounge, Uptown

I am a fanatic for good coffee, but best of yet, cakes and pastry. Cakes and pastry has been my all time sinful indulgence, and yeap, I'm always on the go to search for good cakes. My focus is usually on cheese or chocolate cakes and exquisite pretty looking pastries. 

Introducing Departure Lounge, a relatively new coffeehouse in Uptown, Damansara. The name of the coffeehouse itself sounds grand and classy, I can assure you the concept itself is nothing less. The concept takes after an airport lounge with comfortable furniture furnishing the small shoplot. With books and magazines on display for one's viewing, it seems like a comfortable place to lounge with a good cuppa.

Departure Lounge has quite a crowd for most of the times I been there, usually a younger crowd that lounge around with their laptop or with friends to chat about. The place can get pretty noisy at certain times. 

The menu itself has a limited variety and focus very much on breakfast meals and coffee. Their snack menu is limited. Do expect a very Western Menu like mushroom on toast or salmon, or the big breakfast set. The price is definitely on the slightly higher side, ranging above RM 10 for most of the items.









I ordered a Caffe Mocha Latte, basically a mixture of chocolate and coffee with loads of milk. The drink itself cost me RM 10, almost equivalent to a Starbucks drink. It was too sweet for my liking and I felt there was too much milk in it. In terms of coffee art, it was a basic design and I did hope for more for the price I was paying. Nevertheless, you can give it a go or perhaps try their barista signatures which I didn't since I wasn't into espresso at that time.








I had a tiramisu that cost me RM 10.90. In terms of taste, it did pass for a slightly above average score. I felt that the mascarpone cheese was too much compared to the amount of cake they served. It was good, but could have been better. However, the mascarpone cheese to cream ratio should have been increased, I am guessing that there was more cream than cheese in the cake itself, and that made me feel a little ripped off. 





My mate ordered kurma fries with dips. Looks can be deceiving, this ain't your average chips, it's sweet potato sliced and fried. It is healthier, or so I think. What makes it good was the dip. It was slightly sour with onions in it, so I am thinking sour cream except it was yellow in color. The sweetness of potato was toned down by the dip itself - so you get a sweet and sour taste. I would definitely order this again, it is one of those snacks you have while having long chat session with your friends.

I've been here a few times and I do like to come back because of it's comfortable atmosphere and it's food. It's food may not be the best, neither is their coffee, but it is decent and slightly better above average. 

Ratings : 4.0/5

10, Jalan SS 21/39, 
Damansara Utama, 
47400 Petaling Jaya, 
Malaysia.
03 7725 1682












Attempted some photography due to the decent lighting and decorations. Do give this place a try for a different concept and decent food.

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment