Monday, March 18, 2013

Ka Soh Seafood Restaurant, KL

This is dad's favorite restaurant for a good fish head noodles. Located in Jalan Delima, off Jalan Imbi - the traffic is horrendous if you were to come one weekdays. Weekends are fine but I just never like travelling to KL, its just like a whole pack of sardines swimming in a very small confined area. Driving to this area just gives me the headaches because of all the turning and traffic light. 

Comparing to their competitors located on the same street, it was relatively quieter with a few customers visiting the restaurant. Its setting is pretty much of typical Chinese restaurant, so nothing much that I can describe. Their food here is pretty expensive and ripped off because some bloggers also said it was quite touristy. 


Instead of serving you crackers or peanuts, they served a platter of mixed preserved vegetables, better known as Acar. Its sourish with a tinge of spiciness - I know my dad's family back in Perak makes good Acar. I love its flavor combination and the crunchiness the cucumber and peanuts add to the whole platter. Well, I love Acar and this is really two thumbs up.


Brother had the "Kat Chai" which I think its sour plum? Haha. I'm actually not too familiar with it. However, this was rather bland compared to others that I had before. I think its the lack of sugar or perhaps too much water added to it.


The seacoconut that I ordered was a complete ripped off. I felt so cheated. The syrup was bland and diluted. The seacoconut was just depressing in amount, a few miserable seacoconut and they charged a bomb. I think  we would stick to Chinese Tea the next rouond. 


Their signature frog dish was superb! It was one of the best, most mouthwatering frog delicacy I ever had. The frog was coated in a batter that was so sweet and crispy at the same time. However, it is not the the thick crisp that cuts into the top of your mouth, but rather the tender firm crisp that makes you yearn for more. The sweetness of the frog and coating was just bliss. 


I'm not sure what was the cantonese name for this dish. But it was black sauce rice cooked in claypot and topped with preserved chinese sausages. It was alright, nothing great in my opinion. The rice was slightly bland and I had to have it with some chili to enhanced the taste. The chinese sausages were also disappointing because it tasted funny than the usual ones I had.


Introducing their all popular fish head noodles. First of all, this is not the typical fish head noodles you get in shops around SS2 or Puchong. Rather than serving it with thick based tomato and milk soup, this was purely milk mixed with a couple other condiments. It wouldn't be as tasty as the one you have in shops because the soup is slightly bland without much MSG in it, the good thing about it. The other difference was the noodles - instead of typical meehoon or mee, the noodles used was the fat noodles typically used in "lou shu fun". It is not bad and slightly different. 

I would most probably go back for the frog dish. It was total yumz. But with these little dishes, it cost us closed to RM 200 for the meal. A tad too expensive in my opinion.

Ratings : 3.5/5.0
Price : RM 20 ++ perpax

18 Jalan Delima, Off Jalan Imbi, KL.18 Jalan Delima 
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel :03-2148-3207

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment