Sunday, February 24, 2013

Whisk Outpost or Whisk Espresso Bar+Bake Shop

I've been to Whisk Outpost a couple of times with friends and family. So this would be a post for all those past experiences. However, some pictures are of bad resolution and lighting as they were taken from my iPhone, so pardon me for that.

Whisk Outpost was the brain child of some young adult who may be slightly older than I am and I must say it is a growing success till this very day. The coffee scene in Malaysia has been expanding with various coffeehouse popping up in the neighbourhood. 

Whisk Outpost has no lavish interior, they used mostly stool, wooden panel and tile floor to give a rustic feeling to their customers. When you stepped into the coffeeplace, you'll get a cosy feeling, away from those hectic busy days or the clicking of laptops like those you hear in Starbucks. Its like a good ole place where you hang out with friends with some good coffee and cakes.




This shows the interior of Whisk Outpost in Empire Shopping Mall. See what I meant about the rustic and cosy feeling? 

Rose Cake @ RM 11 (I think thats the price)
The rose cake deemed to be one of their best seller. I had this at their Subang outlet and it was just way too sweet for me. It tasted like rose which obviously meant they used rose flavor coloring - the taste was very refreshing and flora like. However, their sugar level was crazy! It is definitely something for the sweet tooth, not for me!

Granny Cake @ RM 11


This cake was good and makes it to my must have list. Don't shy away from this beauty that is so simple in terms of name and looks but tasted like a million bucks. Its basically a simple cake with apple bits and butterscotch cream. It wasn't very sweet, but moist and rich enough to taste the apple bit. The butterscotch cream compliments the cake very well, rich, thick, sweet and slightly buttery to compliment the cake's bland taste. It was pure bliss!

Hazelnut Hot Chocolate @ RM 13
My mate ordered the hazelnut hot chocolate to compliment the cake. Well, I'm never a fan of hazelnut honestly, I'm more almond or cashewnut. Haha. The chocolate taste was rich with hazelnut taste, however, it was a little dilute to my liking. Oh, they even forgotten to add the hazelnut in when they served the drink and we had to return it for them to add hazelnut! 

Chocolate Mud Cake @ RM 11
We had this at their One Utama outlet, located near Candylicious. It was one of my favorite, to be honest. It was super moist and rich in chocolate. So sinfully delicious that I didn't mind ordering a second one! If you love chocolate, this is good without too much cream to satisfy your taste bud!

Red Velvet Cake @ RM 14 ( I think)
Had this at the One Utama outlet. Just like the rose cake, it was too sweet for me. The cake itself is a mixture of cocoa and sugar and was overly sweet to my liking. And here comes the cream cheese which is again sweet and creamy on its own. That's like triple dose of sugar! It was moist nonetheless.

Hot Chocolate
My mate ordered this and I didn't bother trying because I am not a fan of hot chocolate either. I prefer my milo to hot chocolate. Haha.

On a side note, I've tried their pour over and also their cafe latte. The pour over was basically the barista pouring hot water in a controlled hand movement over the grinded beans to generate pure long black or just pure coffee. It was a tad too sour, it was some beans from Singapore, named Nylon. The cafe latte was too milky for my liking, some liked it milky, however, I prefer my latte to have slightly stronger taste of the coffee and less milky taste.

I would still go back for my cuppa. Maybe try a different thing, the cakes were decent and it has a good atmosphere for you to lie back and read a book or chat with your friends. They may not have the best coffee in town, but its a good start for an indie cafe like them. 

Empire Shopping Mall, Subang
One Utama Shopping Mall

-thevanillapudding-

No comments:

Post a Comment