Monday, February 18, 2013

Kaffa Espresso Bar, Uptown Damansara

Had a girls nightout on Valentines Day and we proceeded for coffee after dinner. We found Kaffa Espresso Bar while scouting around Uptown Damansara. I've heard of it and it was on my "to-visit" coffeehouses. 

Kaffa Espresso Bar has a good ambience of jazz music with wooden furnitures to make up the interior. Their interior were plain with a simple counter and some hanging posters or paintings on the simple wall. They have an outdoor section if you're into smoking. The one thing that I kudos them for will be their lighting, it is so suitable for taking pictures! 

It was relatively full with several empty seats, there weren't many seats to begin with. The smell of coffee lingers in the small shoplot and makes you crave for everything being served. Mind you, the aircond is crazily cold too! We were freezing when we first stepped into the coffeehouse.

On a side note, Kaffa Espresso Bar is a relatively new outlet, founded in January 2013.

Hot Chocolate @ RM 10
I will say their forte is NOT hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was quite bland and dilute. I guess I would have prepared a cheaper and more delicious hot chocolate.

Hot Mocha @ RM 10
 This was a better choice compared to hot chocolate. The coffee taste was slightly stronger compared to the chocolate which is to my liking. However, I think they're a little too stingy in terms of their drinks preparation ratio. I find that for both hot chocolate and mocha, they are slightly dilute and the richness or the chocolate/coffee was very mild.

Cappucino @ RM 10

Cappucino @ RM 10
Among all 3, my favorite was the cappucino and yes, it's my drink too. Haha. It was rich in coffee, not dilute as the other two drinks. I love how they were generous of the coffee in this drink and the moment you sipped some cappucino, you're able to taste the bitterness with a tinge of sweetness in the drink. The sweetness wasn't overpowering! Thank god for that. I might just order this again.

Red Velvet @ RM 10

Red Velvet @ RM 10
Their red velvet cake makes it to my list of good but can be better list. It is worth a shot. The cake was slightly dry in my opinion. The cream cheese was decent though. However, I think they were being very stingy in terms of the cake size, it was miserably small slice for RM 10 compared to the ones I had at Whisk or Fatspoon. I felt a little ripped off.

Cheesecake @ RM 10
I think the full name on the card was Dairy Cheesecake or something. This is definitely NOT my type of cheesecake. Pretty as it looks, it was so milky! I stopped at the first bite - I'm more of a creamcheese or New York Cheesecake person. Unless you really love strong milk flavored cakes, I recommend you abstain from this. The milk taste was crazily strong to my liking!

Nightout with The Girls

I think they have a lot of room for improvement. Their price were standard pricing of coffeehouses, however, the quality doesn't really fit the price. I doubt I will go back any sooner, even if I do, I will stick to my trustworthy cappucino and perhaps a brownie. They serve main courses too but at a very hefty price! 

There was something that I wasn't please about. They charged me a service charge of RM 1 when I placed an order at the counter to take away a piece of red velvet cake! That is so absurd! Felt like I was being scammed by them for that service charge. Seriously, RM 1 when I didn't even seat there and consume that cake! Ugh. 

Also, unlike most coffehouse, they charged service charge which I find quite a ripped off either. As I remember, most coffee house don't charge a service charge like Artisan and if I'm not mistaken, Whisk. It's a way too expensive place to dine for that type of quality in my opinion.

Ratings : 2.5/5
Pricing : RM 10 per drink

97, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Mon - Sun7:30 am - 12:00 am
03-7732 4502

-thevanillapudding-

1 comment:

  1. Pretty absurd for such places to charge for service imho. Was considering to give it a try till i reached that line >.<

    ReplyDelete